Choosing the best eyeliner pencil can be a daunting task, especially with the wide range of options available on the market. The right pencil can enhance your eyes, add definition to your look, and make your eyes pop. However, with so many options, it can be hard to know which one to choose. In this blog post, we’ll provide some tips on how to choose the perfect one.
- Consider your eye shape and size: The first thing to consider when choosing an eyeliner pencil is your eye shape and size. If you have small eyes, a thin, precise line will work best, while larger eyes can handle thicker, bolder lines. If you have round eyes, a winged pencil can elongate them, while almond-shaped eyes can benefit from a smudged, sultry look.
- Think about your skin tone: Your skin tone can also influence the color of eyeliner pencil that works best for you. If you have fair skin, black or dark brown pencils will work well, while those with medium or darker skin tones can experiment with deeper shades like navy, dark green, or burgundy.
- Consider your desired finish: The finish of the eyeliner pencil is also important to consider. If you want a matte finish, a traditional pencil will work best, while those looking for a glossy or shimmery finish may prefer a liquid or gel formula.
- Check the formula: The formula of the eyeliner pencil can affect how it performs. If you have sensitive eyes, look for a hypoallergenic formula, and if you want a long-lasting effect, consider a waterproof formula.
- Test it out: Lastly, always test the pencil before purchasing it. Try it on your hand or inner wrist to check the color and consistency, and make sure it applies smoothly and evenly.
When applying eyeliner pencil, it’s important to keep a steady hand and start with a thin line, gradually building up the thickness if desired. For a smudged, sultry look, use a smudging tool or a small brush to soften the edges. Always remove your eyeliner at the end of the day to prevent irritation or infection.
In conclusion, choosing the best eyeliner pencil requires some thought and experimentation, but by considering your eye shape, skin tone, desired finish, and formula, you can find the perfect eyeliner pencil to enhance your eyes and complete your look.